Total Pageviews

Monday, January 17, 2011

Fun Projects Done For My Daughter :-)

So I am a little slow at blogging, but that is only due to me watching 3-4 kid's every day . Some days it could only be 1-2 children, but today was a total of 5 children, then I had a Pampered Chef conference call tonight as well. I was extremely busy last week, (somehow, don't know how it happened) and time just got away from me. So I finally have a chance to sit, enjoy a little quiet and share a couple of projects that I have done for my daughter. 
 The first was her Christmas present that she received in 2009 and that was her rocking chair that i painted and decorated for her. Of course it was from Santa Claus, so I had to hide and paint it secretly from her. So here is what I did, I was searching for a rocking chair, and couldn't find any for sale around here, and trust me, I looked at a ton of stores. Well I was in Michaels Craft Store and in their wooden craft section, I found a plain wooden rocking chair, that I thought was perfect!! I figured how hard could it be to paint it and decorate it. For me, it was not that hard at all. 

Project #1.
 I used the Americana Premium Acrylic Paint 8 oz btl (purple and black) to paint the chair. I did sand down the rough parts on the chair, to get a nice smooth finish, then commenced with the painting. I chose purple and black, because those are her favorite colors. Well at least black was at that time, but purple is still her favorite. I used a spray on lacquer after the paint was all dry to seal in the paint and to give her chair a little bit of a glossy finish to it. I then picked out some stickers from their sticker aisle that you can use for scrapbooks, photo albums, etc..  Sorry I do not have a before picture, but you get the idea. Well, on Christmas morning she was so excited and delighted that Santa picked out the perfect chair for her. So if you are wondering the price: the chair was $45-$50
    Pkg of stickers $3
     2 bottles of paint: $6 ea = $12  and we just had the spray on lacquer handy. So probably a total of $65-$70 for this project, which I think was well worth it. I got to personalize it more for my daughter and she loved it. Just to let you know, my mom found a rocking chair 6 months later for my niece that was plain white at JCPenney's or Sears for around $55 but I still think I got the better deal, because Claryssa got to tell me exactly what she wanted. 


Project #2.
 So my daughter received a pillow pet for her birthday and was so excited to have one like her cousin. Well of course we bring it home, she sleeps with it a couple of times, I take her to school and then come back to this: 
 YES, the eyes are gone!! I have a 8 mos old Jack Russel Terrier who loves to chew everything!! I found the eyes and even glued them back in, (because that is how they come any way, GLUED). Well of course Jaz took them out again and chewed them up some more. Good thing he did not swallow them. Well, I didn't like looking at her sad pillow pet now, so I thought what could I do to fix this?? Hmmmmm
Well, then I grabbed these items:
Yes, I used buttons and sewed them right in. After I did it, it looked like this:
Now if any of you have seen the animated movie Coraline, this creeped me out a little, but at least her pillow pet could "see" again. When Claryssa saw it for the first time with the "new" eyes, she was very happy her bumblebee could see again so he could "fly". :-)


Project #3.

So my daughter loves having a clean room. Weird for a 5 yr old right???? Well this is a small glimpse of what her room looks like:
 Pretty clean, right?? Well she is now becoming a Barbie fanatic and I just pulled them all together and she has a total of 14 so far. Well some of them got put into a bag, stuffed into the closet, a couple of shoes have been lost, as well as some clothes. Well she received more this last Christmas and for her Birthday and they took over her vanity table. So I decided to keep this well organized daughter of mine just a little more organized.
So this is what I bought:

The shoe holder was only $7 and the 2 pkgs of stickers was $2 each. So a total of $11.
So then next, we took those stickers to decorate the shoe holder like this:
 We hung it on her bedroom door, then we have the finished product like this:
 Now all her Barbies are at easy access for her, she can pull out the accessories and clothes that she needs, and then put them all away where she found them, to still keep her room organized and clean!! ;-) 
So this is what I have for you today, I am probably going to start doing recipes here soon. Just thought I would throw my little crafty side in here. But like I say, Smile!! Life is WHAT YOU make it!! I made these projects and they were fun to do and they made my daughter smile!! Thanks for reading and have a great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment