Total Pageviews

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year's Resolution?? I don't do those, but I guess blogging is where I will begin!!

     So here it is day 7 of the new 2011 year, and after reading friends blogs and hearing about others I should go to and read or "check out", I decided I would start my own. Not sure who will take an interest in reading, but there are enough people in this small world of ours that I might just have 1 person that it might intrigue. 
    Where do I even begin?? I am a 36 yr old woman, who is still a child at heart, who has a wonderful husband and a beautiful 5 yr old daughter. I love reliving some of my childhood thru my daughter, but am realizing that I am becoming my mother (arrrgghhh) in other ways. I hear myself using the word "NO" too much, but I know it is for safety and other times, I'm just being plain stupid or mean. But this will all be another blog for a different day. 
      I don't really do scrapbooking, even though I have one and actually filled it out, but that was from the high school days. Maybe I will blog about that someday if I start. I actually cook/bake now and will more than likely post recipes, pics, and my thoughts on how it turned out, and how others may have liked them. 
That is the main purpose for me starting a blog, because I post everything on Facebook. I pretty much learned to cook on my own, since my mother was from the era of t.v. dinners, hamburger helpers and mac & cheese. She cooked a few meals, that I can slightly remember, but the only thing that ever stands out in my mind was cream of chicken covering baked chicken thighs or breasts with white rice and green beans. This is in no way badmouthing my mother, I just don't think she was ever really taught how to cook a lot of meals. I cooked a little in college then lost 13 years to working at KFC and just served fried chicken to everyone else. Starting around August 2008, is when I turned over to my own spatula and started making delicious foods of my own. Then in the summer of 2010 is when I became a Pampered Chef Consultant.
     So I am going to make this short for my introduction into Marci's life, but here are some topics I will probably blog about in the future:
cooking/baking
childhood soccer
my husband's band adventures
training for my Avon Breast Cancer Awareness Walk 2011 (this will be my 2nd year participating
parenting/childcare (and NO I'm not an expert)
and whatever else I decide to throw in because I feel like it or just can't think of at this moment.
So I need to take my husbands advice a little more sometimes and just laugh, joke and SMILE!!
Because life really is what YOU make it!!
So SMILE everyone and have a great day!!
Thanks for visiting my page. :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment